Information Collected by mBlox
In general, mBlox will collect information from You based upon our business relationship and your use of the Site and Our services and products as set forth below:
- Content Registration. In order to access and view some content on the Site You are required to register with mBlox before the content is made available to You. During the registration process, You are required to provide Us with certain contact information, including your name, address, phone number and email address. We use this information to contact You about the services We offer in which you have expressed interest.
- Client Support Portal. When You contact mBlox customer support ("Customer Support") using the mBlox Client Support Portal located at https://na13.salesforce.com/sserv/login.jsp?orgId=00D300000000Sns (the "Client Support Portal"), We may ask you for personally identifiable information regarding your inquiry, such as your name, email address or telephone number. We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you share with Us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Cookies. When you contact Customer Support through the Client Support Portal the mBlox web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are files that web browsers place on a computer’s hard drive and are used to tell Us whether customers and visitors have visited the Site previously.
The Client Support Portal uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows Us to process your online data and requests. Session cookies help Us make sure you are who you say you are after you have logged in. We use persistent cookies, which only We can read and use, to identify the fact that you are an mBlox customer or prior site visitor. Users who disable their browser’s ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site but will not be able to successfully use certain Customer Support features.
- Correspondence. If you send Us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, We may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Business Contacts and Human Resources. We collect personal information about you when you submit a job application, resume, survey responses or other information you give us relevant to your business relationship with Us.
mBlox collects and uses your personal information to give you high quality customer service, to provide you with convenient access to Our products and services, and to make you aware of the latest offerings from mBlox. We only use your information for the purposes for which it is gathered for and we take reasonable precautions to maintain the reliability of such information.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletters, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you have the option to unsubscribe from receiving some or all of the newsletters. Please see the "Choice and Opt-out" section below.
We will send you service-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
As discussed above, We will also communicate with you in response to your customer service inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account.
As a matter of policy, we do not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for any advertising or marketing purposes. However, the following describes some of the ways that we may disclose your personal information in the normal course of providing our services.
- Your Use of mBlog. If you participate in the mBlog or other public forum offered by the Site, your User ID will be displayed on any content that you post and will therefore be available to the public. Therefore, if you associate your name with your User ID, your name may be available to the public. Any other information about yourself that you include in such posts will be publicly available.
- Legal Requests. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Site.
Disclosure of Information to mBlox Foreign Affiliates
Because mBlox is a global company, We may share your information with other mBlox affiliates and business units in other parts of the world in order to provide you with Our services. Your personally identifiable information may be transferred by Us from your home country to mBlox employees in mBlox offices around the world, who may communicate with you regarding your inquiry. Please understand that We limit access to your personally identifiable information to only those mBlox employees who We believe need access in order to provide services to you or to otherwise do their jobs.
Compliance with Laws
As Data Processor, mBlox will only process Personal Data pursuant to the instructions of the applicable Client. mBlox may use the services of third party Data Processors to process Personal Data in accordance with purposes identified for such Personal Data by the applicable Client. Except as stated herein, mBlox will not transfer Personal Data to a third party without instructions from the applicable Client. mBlox will not be responsible for determining the authenticity of any purported Data Subject’s request to access his or her Personal Data. In the absence of express instructions to do so from the applicable Client, mBlox will not provide a purported Data Subject with access to his or her Personal Data unless it is demonstrated to mBlox’s satisfaction that the applicable Data Controller has refused such access.
mBlox provides messaging services to health care providers, and serves as a “Business Associate” (as that term is defined pursuant to HIPAA Regulations) to such providers in relation to the handling of protected health information (“PHI”) that is made a part of our services.
mBlox may de-identify Personal Data into anonymized and aggregate data that it derives from Client customers (the “Anonymous Data”). Anonymous Data means data that includes no personally identifiable information or unique identifiers that could later be used to refer to the personally identifiable information to which the data was once associated. mBlox uses only Anonymous Data in performing analyses, and may disclose Anonymous Data to its Clients who have requested such analyses and to third parties where we are contractually entitled to do so.
Disclosure of Information
Safe Harbor, HIPAA - mBlox processes, on behalf of its clients (mBlox “Clients”), Personal Data that has been collected by or on behalf of those Clients including Personal Data received from the European Union. “Personal Data” or “Personal Information” mean information relating to an identified or identifiable person. mBlox complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. mBlox has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view mBlox’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. Under the Safe Harbor Frameworks, mBlox primarily acts as a Data Processor and each Client acts as a Data Controller. For the purposes of the Safe Harbor Frameworks and this Privacy Statement: a “Data Processor” is an entity that processes Personal Data on behalf of a Data Controller; a “Data Controller” is an entity that determines the purposes for which Personal Data are processed. To “process” Personal Data means to carry out an operation or set of operations on such Personal Data, such as collecting, recording, storing, disclosing, or organizing it. The “Data Subject” means the person to whom a certain set of Personal Data relate; for example, the person who responds to a survey.
This Site is not for use by children
Protecting the privacy of children is important to mBlox. For that reason, the Site is structured specifically to not attract anyone under 13, nor do we collect or maintain personally identifiable information at the Site from those who mBlox actually knows are under 13. If mBlox learns or is notified that it has collected information from users under the age of 13, mBlox will immediately delete such personally identifiable information.
We provide you the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you register with Us but no longer wish to receive our newsletters and/or related communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing Us at privacy@mBlox.com.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. mBlox uses industry-standard security measures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of any Personal Data it owns or processes on behalf of Clients, including, in appropriate circumstances, the use of firewalls, restricted access, and encrypted transmissions. mBlox limits access to Personal Data to those persons in mBlox’s organization who have a business need to process such Personal Data. However, no company, including mBlox, can fully eliminate the security risks associated with such Personal Data. Due to factors beyond mBlox’s control, mBlox cannot ensure that Personal Data will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, mBlox may become legally obligated to disclose such data, or, despite precautions, third parties may circumvent security measures to intercept or access such data.
Update Information / Revoke Choices / Suggestions / Contact Information
ATTN: PRIVACY OFFICER
430 N. Mary Ave, Suite 100
Sunnyvale, CA 94085 USA
mBlox has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by mBlox, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
Revised February 6, 2013